A tiring and long day tends to influence your mental and physiological well-being. It can make you worn out and leave you exhausted. You have two options; to retire to your bed tired and probably wake up the same way or to get a soothing massage.
Getting a good massage must be one of the most calming experiences to have, especially after a difficult work schedule. Nothing takes away stress and brings your body back to life as a relaxing oil massage. And as much as getting a massage is great, using the right oil makes all the difference.
The importance of massage oil is beyond the slip effect, it provides nourishment that brings all the glow and softness needed.
- SKIN SOFTENER
Massage oil can soften your skin and make you look youthful. It also helps prevent dryness of the skin. You cannot randomly choose any massage oil for your daily routine. Different oils bring different options and benefits to your fingertips. Therefore, it is up to you to choose the right massage oil depending on your circumstances and preferences.
Massage oil protects the skin against harmful UV rays when you are out in public. The oil subtly makes an invisible film that protects the outer skin against extremes of climate, environmental pollution, and even sudden changes in air pressure. Therefore, oil massage before or after air travel is a perfect antidote for jet lag.
- A MATTER OF IMPORTANCE
Everyone knows that to keep a car running well, it needs to be filled with quality gas and oil, kept topped up with water, run regularly, and be taken in for a tune-up each year. Why then is it that when it comes to our own bodies, we are so easily tempted to pay little attention until we experience a total breakdown?
- PAIN RELIEF
Massage oil relieves pain and swelling in the body by warming the subtle energy channels, which then expand allowing obstructions to clear and toxins that cause all types of diseases to move out. If you are experiencing strong pain in certain areas, e.g. your neck, that has not been alleviated by massaging, then you may need to search for neck pain adelaide services, or services in your local area, so you can be seen as quickly as possible to deal with the issue.
Lubricating tissues inside and out, lubricating the joints and organ linings. This keeps movement more free and graceful, the digestive tract more efficient, and all linings well lubricated.
- Body oils penetrate the skin, improve skin elasticity, and help get rid of patchy and flaky skin. Some nourishing oils may even safeguard the skin from inflammatory conditions and soothe other skin issues. Therefore, pick your body oil wisely. To help you decide, we have listed some of the best body massage oils you can get and explained their benefits.
- Olive Oil- it is generally used for lighter massages; this is because of its heaviness and slow absorption into the body. This oil helps in improving the blood flow into fatigued muscles which in turn reduces muscle fatigue.
- Coconut Oil- As opposed to olive oil, it gets absorbed into the skin quickly and is used for heavy massages. The best type to use is fractionated coconut oil popularly referred to as virgin coconut oil. One benefit of this oil is that it prevents the skin from drying and keeps it moisturized. Additionally, it is a good carrier oil i.e., other essential oils can be added to it.
- Avocado Oil- It gets its heaviness because of being cold-pressed from avocados. The downside is that it contains natural latex, therefore avoid using this oil if you are allergic to latex.
Avocado is very rich, and it contains the essential vitamins and nutrients that the body needs such as Vitamin A, C, D, and E, oleic acid, linoleic acid, lecithin, and beta-carotene. All these essential nutrient gives it an anti-inflammatory property that protects the skin from stretch marks, wrinkles, and other skin conditions.
- Sunflower Oil- It is advisable to purchase this oil in small quantities as it turns rancid quickly. On the other hand, squeezing one or two Vitamin E capsules into the oil can help to improve its shelf life. Sunflower has an anti-ageing effect on the skin and is largely used for massages. Use this oil regularly for massage and the result is glowing and radiant skin.
- Sesame Oil- it is a thick oil and may leave your skin feeling oily and greasy nevertheless it is believed to strengthen your body structure. Exposure to UV rays can damage the skin and make it look dull. Massaging it with sesame oil will help rejuvenate it and clear off the sunspots.
- Shea Butter- at room temperature, it is solid and has the resemblance of butter. On the other hand, when it is subject to heat, it becomes a heavy and greasy oil. Also, if you have allergies to latex, avoid it as it contains natural latex. Due to the heaviness, it is sometimes combined with other oil to make it light, and it absorbs them well.
Shea butter contains compounds like sterols, phenols, tocopherols, and triterpenes. It is prevalent in beauty and care due to its potent antioxidant properties.
POINTS TO CONSIDER BEFORE CHOOSING A MASSAGE OIL
- Whatever massage oil you get should not contain additives or preservatives as they dilute the purity of the oil.
- The massage oil should not feel greasy or heavy on your skin. There should be a free flow of the masseur’s hand on your skin.
- Do away with oil that has an unpleasant or strong odour. Generally, massage oils should have a light and sweet smell. So, be attentive in your picks.