There is hardly any group of pests that are as annoying as roaches. This is because of how they colonize the home, in the case of an infestation. Roaches will take over the major areas of the home, including the kitchen, bathroom, living rooms, and even bedrooms in search of food and shelter. Due to this, with a cockroach infestation, you no longer get to enjoy regular activities in the home, including cooking, taking a shower, spending family time, and even sleeping. This article will discuss everything that you need to know about cockroaches and how to get rid of them.
What Attracts Cockroaches To Your Home?
Cockroaches, like other pests, enter homes in search of three things: food, water sources, and shelter. Cockroaches are attracted to garbage, pet food on the floor, excess moisture, dirty dishes in the sink, leftover food, and dirty dishes. Cockroaches live in cracks around doors and windows, openings around sewer pipes and drain pipes, grocery bags brought home from department stores, and other products around sewer pipes and drain pipes. To effectively get rid of them, the first thing you may want to do is look for sewer drain cleaning and repair service providers in your area, who can effectively clean or repair your sewer line which could be the potential breeding ground for the cockroaches. Apart from that, you could look for the alternatives provided below.
How Cockroaches Enter The Home
Cockroaches explore a lot of entry points in order to get into homes. Due to their size, it is easy for them to get in through a number of areas. Entry points for cockroaches include cracks and crevices in the home, holes in pipes and vents, open doors and windows. They also get in by hanging onto old furniture and other items.
Getting Rid Of Cockroaches Effectively
Getting rid of cockroaches in the home is not hard as many people presume it to be. There are simple steps to take, that will see you effectively rid your home of these annoying pests. Learn more here:
- Clean Your Home: In this case, cleaning your home requires a thorough shakedown which will see all dirt is removed. This is important and highly effective because cockroaches are attracted to filth. If your home is clean, these roaches will have no access to their food sources and will eventually find their way out. This has to be a continuous process to make your home, uncomfortable for them. When cleaning your home, make sure to carry out the following exercises:
– Clean off crumbs and spills immediately they appear.
– Wash all dishes and put them away properly, after every meal.
– Seal the food in containers.
– Take out the garbage every day, on a daily basis if possible.
– Clean grease off your stovetop after cooking.
- Baits: You can get baits from stores to get rid of roaches in your home. These baits are usually disguised as food sources, prompting the roaches to chew them, after which they die. For effective usage, it is best to place these baits close to food sources. Place them under sinks, near garbage cans, under cabinets in the kitchen and in the bathroom.
- Liquid Concentrates: You can also make use of liquid concentrates to get rid of cockroaches. These liquid concentrates can be diluted and sprayed onto entry points such as crevices and cracks. You can also use them in wiping floors and counters overnight.
Find out more about getting rid of roaches by consulting a reliable pest control company.