Winters can often be extremely harsh with the light or heavy snowfalls, hail storms, freezing hail that can make it tough for you to maintain your house, let alone enjoy your day out in the patio. Due to the ever-changing weather patterns, outdoor cleaning during winter and maintenance of your deck gets almost impossible. If you have hired ace companies like https://glassrailings.ca for designing the best glass railings outdoor, you also need to know how to maintain them.
Apart from maintaining your glass deck, it is also important to take good care of your water pipes during winter so that they don’t freeze and crack. Read on to know some of the best ways of cleaning them.
Clean your deck railings during winter
As long as making your house winter-friendly is concerned, early maintenance is possibly the best thing to do. When it is already summer, you should begin to inspect it during a time when outdoor visibility is at its maximum level. The more frequent you use your deck, the easier it gets to spot any minor or major scratch or crack that calls for immediate attention. During a time when there is no snow to thwart your efforts, it is best to clean your deck.
Use a garden hose to wash off dirt and debris and you can repeat this method in autumn to remove leaves and debris. In fact, it is best to sand and seal your deck so as to steer clear of the harsh impact of winter snowfall that causes permanent damage to the wooden floors. Make sure the deck is dry before you seal it as that would never rot the deck.
Beat the freezing of your water pipes
For installing a freeze protecting potable water pipe, you may check out https://heatline.com/carapace-factory-terminated but in case you don’t have a freeze protected water pipe, you need to follow few guidelines. As the temperatures start dropping outside, you should take immediate measure to keep the water running and the pipes from freezing. Here are few things you may do.
- Close the garage doors: In case there are water supply lines all along the garage, make sure you keep the doors closed.
- Open the bathroom and kitchen cabinet doors: Let in the warm air so that it circulates through the plumbing, particularly when your sink lies on the exterior side.
- Cold water should drip: The cold water should drip from the faucet of the exposed pipes. Even if there is little bit of running water trickling down, this will also freeze.
- Switch on the heat mode: Do you plan to stay away from home during the winter? If yes, you should leave the heat on and set the temperature at 55 degrees F in order to avoid any freezing.
- Insulate: Insulate your basements, attics, crawl spaces as this is the only way to maintain higher temperatures.
Just as door to door fundraising helps in maintaining the charity groups, similarly the professional cleaning services can help households with smart ideas to take care of their households during winters.