Setting up a kitchen should not require you to spend a whole lot on designs, furniture and kitchen utensils – not unless your leaking kitchen pipes are in dire need of plumbing services or your oven is in dire need of replacement. Think practically, not every kitchen needs that luxurious look, if it can help you cook what you want then no problem. What matters most is your level of skills and knowledge of which tools to use, and how to use them.
From frying, boiling, baking, stirring, mixing and cutting, you need to have the right tools for different purposes and have them easily accessible in the kitchen. Stand mixers, rice cookers, ovens, and induction hobs all assist with cooking or preparing food a certain way. However, you will need a professional electrician company to fit the sockets for these, as it’s not a simple DIY job. Meanwhile, a mixer tap for the kitchen sink can also be very useful for rinsing vegetables as well as cleaning dishes. Speaking of which, a dishwasher can clean up almost any utensil after you have finished cooking, saving time on washing up.
However, your budget depends largely on what type of kitchen you want. A commercial kitchen or a kitchen for a home catering business is quite different from a personal home kitchen. When the budget is tight, you really have to decide whether any of the previously mentioned tools and gadgets are something you would use often.
Big businesses spend hundreds and thousands of dollars equipping their kitchen with the latest kitchen utensils and gadgets. For instance, commercial kitchens often install industry-grade exhaust hoods and ventilation systems. These equipment should be cleaned and maintained regularly in-house or with the help of firms that provide services like Exhaust Hood System Cleaning in Wilmington, NC and nearby locations.
However, this is not just it! Professional kitchens are also known to use safety equipment like a kitchen fire suppression system (which happens to undergo inspection at regular intervals by the likes of Gold Standard Fire- https://goldstandardfire.com/services/inspection/). The truth is that big businesses do this because they are after customers,–the more the customers, the more the profit. However, this is different from a personal home kitchen. You don’t need to break the bank trying to create a perfect kitchen, but your home kitchen needs to be as close to convenient.
We all have those favourite kitchen utensils we can’t do without. These utensils make work in the kitchen more efficient and easy as possible. Call it “simple machine”, you ain’t wrong. Here are the top 5 kitchen essentials you need to have in even the most basic of kitchens.
1) Knives and cutting boards: knives are the most important kitchen utensils in every kitchen as they do the bulk of food prep. Alongside them are cutting boards, because you don’t want to cause damage or staining to your worktops at all. Knives comes in different types and sizes, by their names it is quite self-explainatory but they are:
- Cheese knife: a knife with special curved blade with two points on the end, used for cutting and picking up cheese.
- Steak knife: a special blade for cutting steak
- Bread knife: a long serated knife used for effectively cutting bread
- Carving knife: a very large knife for cutting large pieces of cooked meat such as a roast chicken.
With a good shape, pointed and quality knife, you can chop and slice any food substance effectively. When shopping for knives, don’t go looks, you need something reliable, something that fit your hand, with nice weight, an easy to hold knife. A well sharpen knife can speed up your work the kitchen. Dull and weak knives are very dangerous to have in the kitchen, it can lead to injuries and accidents. Therefore invest in an appropriate knife sharpener to keep them sharp.
2) Air Fryer: Don’t have the budget to replace an entire oven? Don’t bake big enough portions to warrant a massive consumer of energy? The tabletop air fryer is a must-have. These gadgets bake adequate portions of food as good as an oven AND at an energy-efficient rate of consumption. They are also a healthier alternative to frying calorific foods like fries and bacon as they don’t require cooking oil. This gadget requires a spare electrical outlet and space on your counter to work efficiently. So if you want to include an air fryer in your new kitchen design, consider if you need to add extra counter space or outlets.
3) Spatulas: Spatulas are broad flat blade used for picking, mixing and spreading food substances in the kitchen. Unfortunately, many of us don’t really know how to spatulas. There are different types of spatula for different occasions. We don’t have to use the wrong spatula in a wrong way. Identifying the right spatula for the right job is very important.
4) Cooking Pots: Whether you use it to heat up soup, store food or to boil water, depending on the amount and size, a cooking pot is one important utensil you are likely to use every time you are in the kitchen. It comes different shapes and sizes. The bigger your tasks, the bigger the pot.
5) Tongs: A high-quality stainless steel ring is what you need to get your cooking adventure going. They are great for flitting any ingredients. It is also used to stir food. Having a tong and pan in your kitchen, gives you a magical cooking experience.
Every kitchen should have some of these essential utensils, and if you don’t have any of these in your kitchen, I recommend you go get them right away.